Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Choux à la crème

Weeee! 

Three months of holiday has been super luxurious.
Rotting at home is a very luxury things to do,
since not everyone can afford wasting time like that.

Having this very laid back days,
I've also spend a little time doing some sweet treats.

Custard puffs have always been my all time favorite, or maybe all time sweet memories.
My first bite of custard puff is from Mom's bakery, a rather famous bakery in Brunei now.

There are lotsa varieties of puffs out there,
often, more popular one are Cream puffs, where inside are filled with vanilla whipped cream.
I've tried a few nice one too,
one of which I'm impressed is Komugi's cream puffs, with very crispy choux pastry.

Being a constant user of YouTube,
I've come accross this shell choux pastry recipe from Joy of Baking.

It turns out amazing!
Soft but firm shell with very buttery flavour glazed in golden brown colour.

Taadaa!

Still got room of improvement for the look of the puffs haha.

Filled with custard cream to fulfill my huge sweet tooth.

Love it, big thanks to http://www.joyofbaking.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment